Embark on a rewarding and challenging career in hospitality and hotel management with Greystone Hotels. At Greystone Hotels we reward our people with a positive work environment, comprehensive benefits packages and continual training and mentoring. Greystone Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity in our workplace. Experience the art of hospitality, the power of teamwork and the possibilities of a hotel career with Greystone Hotels.
Front Office Manager - King George HotelLocated in San Francisco our 150+ room boutique hotel is looking for a professional and energetic Front Office Manager. The applicant should have excellent internal and external customer service skills, prior front desk management and Opera Property Management System experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESThe Front Office Manager is responsible for the functions outlined below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Meet and exceed budgeted goals for ADR, Occupancy and RevPar
- Accurately forecast the hotel occupancy, including monitoring rates, opening and closing out categories and dates on all distribution channels to maximize length of stay and ADR. This should be performed on a daily basis.
- Strives to attain departmental profits indicated by budget and forecast.
- Reconciles monthly Luxe invoices and process commissions to accounting.
- Orders Front Office supplies as needed.
- Handles all phases of Direct Billing.
- Coach the staff on a daily basis on the importance of signing up new members to the STASH Rewards Program.
- Coach the staff on a daily basis on the importance of doing the hotels required number of coaching calls for Signature and mastering the skills.
- In charge of processing all incoming faxed and emailed reservations on a daily basis.
- Emphasize cleanliness in all hotel areas of the hotel and with staff.
- Prepare weekly schedules and post them according.
- Insure that all guests are dealt with on an individual, personalized, and professional basis at all times, providing fast, friendly, "Mine Host" service, embracing Greystone Hotels philosophy of "Experience Exceptional Service"
- Insure that all staff is trained in every area of the Front Office including the current PMS system, Signature, Stash, Policies and Procedures and local sights and attractions.
- Formulate morale building techniques and information programs for the Front Desk staff.
- Insure that organized weekly informational and training meetings take place with the Front Desk.
- Insure that close harmonious working relationships are maintained with the other departments within the hotel.
- Handle guest requests and complaints concerning service and comfort and follow through with advice from the General Manager.
- Be an active force in “Quality Improvement”, “Safety”, "Green Policies" and “Guest Service”.
- Maintain proper accounting procedure as outlined in the accounting SOP's and yearly audit Criteria.
- Provide support, training, encouragement and discipline to the staff to insure the work
- Atmosphere is professional and guest service oriented. Conduct annual performance reviews for staff members
- Hire, train, supervise, and when appropriate, terminate employees. Document their performance including write-ups according to established Greystone procedures with advice from the General Manager.
- Cross-market and cross-sell sister properties in the Greystone family.
- Have responsibility for maintaining good public relations within the community.
- Assume other duties as assigned by the General Manager or Greystone Hotels.
- This position directly supervises all front office associates including front desk agents; guest services agents, and reservations
Education or ExperienceA college degree or equivalent education/experience. Previous experience as Front Office Manager at a similar size and type of hotel.
Language SkillsAbility to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before customers and associates. Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
Mathematical SkillsAbility to add, subtract, multiply and divide using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percentage.
Reasoning AbilityAbility to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES AND/OR TRAINING
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
- Ability to work weekends and extended days on a frequent basis.
- Ability to work day, evening and/or night shift.
- Ability to work within strict time frames and deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Must have an eye for detail - keep the property looking sharp and present a first class product.
- Must be a team player both with his/her staff and within the Greystone team.
- Must be a leader and motivator of staff and be able to delegate but also discipline.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible thinking.
- Loyal with a long-term perspective.
EOE. Excellent Salary & Benefits.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can apply for a Greystone career or management job at any of our hotel properties on the West Coast one of two ways:
51 Federal Street, Suite 203
San Francisco, CA 94107